Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas in Mexico

Christmas was great. We listened to many devotionals and had the opportunity to watch Meet the Mormons in the evening. The spirit was so strong throughout the film. Afterward we had a district discussion and continued to grow even closer. Later on we ate a bunch of chocolates and the pandoro [Italian Christmas cake sent from home]. It was a very Christ Centered Christmas.

Monday night we went to a Tie Trade. They happen pretty often here; a bunch of Elders bring ties to a Casa and make trades. I got a super fat, vomit green tie, that somehow looks okay with my suit. I'm actually liking it.

This week we´ve seen a bunch of parrots. There are palm trees on campus right outside of our classroom and a couple times this week we had the pleasure of seeing them fly around and land just outside of the window. There are a lot of birds around despite the pollution from the city.

We taught a 17 yr old girl who is a fairly standard teenager. She goes to church but doesn't do much else. We helped her see the importance of praying often. Our second lesson was with a recently returned missionary. I´m pretty sure she taught us more than we taught her, but we still managed to share our testimonies.

My companion managed to get free shoes on Monday. About a week in, he lost his debit card and had it cancelled before he found it. Since then, he has struggled to attain funds. When he went to purchase shoes, he explained his situation and they gave them to him for free. Obedience brings blessings.

Also I have begun drinking out of a 20 liter jug of water. Normally we set the jugs on stands to fill our water bottles with but I started using one as my personal water bottle. It began at 45 pounds and it is incredibly difficult to drink out of, but the more I drink, the lighter it is.

Everything has gotten a lot easier to handle since the first week. Time is moving a lot more quickly, but I can´t wait to leave the MTC. On Saturday, I realized I´m ready to get working. I´m getting really impatient.



Here is me with my water jug and my giant green tie from the tie trade.

Here is our district. Kneeling on right is my companion, Elder Tomasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment