We had a zone exchange this week! On Tuesday and Wednesday I got to work with Elder Hallmark! He was here in Portland just 3 weeks ago and the zone exchange brought him back.
We learned a lot about prayer during the exchange. As soon as we got ready to go back to our areas with our new temporary companions for the exchange, we ran into a little car trouble. There is a system called Tiwi that tracks who is driving but Elder Breck could not log in no matter how much he tried. We said a simple prayer for help and when we opened our eyes, the Tiwi rebooted. It was a small and simple miracle, but a miracle nonetheless. God loves us and is watching out for us.
Our biggest accomplishment this week was working with a less-active named Matthew Gonzales. We sat and talked with him for the first time this week after trying for these last two months. He hadn't come to church since last fall and he had found himself in a deep hole with drugs and other temptations. Just a couple days before we met with him, he made the decision to turn his life back around. We were able to invite him to Stake President Cluff's daughter's baptismal service and he was ready and there in under 30 minutes. He also helped another member move on Saturday, then made it to church on Sunday. He made the choice to correct his path and we were ready to help.
I also got to go on an exchange with Elder Breck. During both exchanges I stayed in my area but that's okay. With Elder Breck I got the opportunity to teach my first Law of Chastity lesson! We also threw in Word of Wisdom so the investigators were a bit impressed, but they took it well. I love being a missionary.
God loves you.
Elder Larkin Moss
P.S. I really need to start taking more photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment