I've survived two weeks! It's getting better and better every day!
Firstly, our numbers were pretty awful this week but that is not a great measure of our success. By numbers, we count Referrals, Baptismal Dates set, Investigators at Church, and pretty much everything else focused on Investigators. However, we don't keep track of work with Less Actives and Recent Converts. That is where Elder Hutchinson and I really shined this week. We have Family Home Evenings every Wednesday and we had a couple families come that we are currently working with. Hooray!
This weekend we had Stake Conference. There was a very special speaker. Elder Oaks came and gave a great talk! Firstly on Saturday, he had a meeting with all the missionaries from the entire mission. I'm lucky because we only live half an hour from McAllen. Missionaries from Laredo, Corpus Christi, and Beeville had to drive 3 hours or more each way. It was great though. We started off walking by so each of us could shake his hand. We heard from 2 Seventies, one of which was Elder Lynn G. Robbins from the Presidency of the Seventy and then we heard from Elder Oaks. He did a bit of a discussion so a lot of the missionaries input ideas.
On Sunday, stake conference took place at a different chapel in McAllen but we stayed at our normal chapel where it was broadcast and translated to Spanish. At first the translation was just overlapping the English but after the sound was fixed the meeting went really well.
Unfortunately this weekend, I lost my voice. Our ward choir sang at the end of a devotional Saturday night and I had to lip sync because I had no other option. All of yesterday, I said nearly nothing. It was quite difficult. I even met new people in the ward and their first impression of me is silence. It's coming back today but its still not fun.
Thursday was Elder Robinson's birthday! The Ramirez's (Efrain and his mom) took us to Peter Piper Pizza. It's basically Chuck E. Cheese with a pizza buffet. They bought us the all you can eat and it was delicious. Efrain also got us some tokens and we went over to a dinosaur claw machine. We spent 5 dollars (10 tries) and only got one dino toy. However there was one stuck in the prize chute and Elder Hutchinson with his long lanky arms reached through and got it. Then we had two! Sis. Ramirez also brought cupcakes. They tasted okay but the blue frosting was like paint. It stained my fingers and teeth.
All in all, another good week. The weirdest thing this week would have to be from yesterday. As we were riding along on our bikes some guy in his car shouted, "Hey Mormons! How's the bible doing?" What kind of a question is that?
Hopefully my throat recovers and I stop being sick altogether.
I would encourage reading Alma 32.
We read it with one of our Less Actives and she liked it enough to make it to stake conference this week.
Buenas noches,
Elder Moss
Us at Peter Piper's! Happy Birthday Elder Robinson!
Left to Right: Sis. Martinez, ME, Efrain Martinez, Elder Hutchinson, Elder Robinson, Elder Pope
|
No comments:
Post a Comment