Tuesday, July 7, 2015

They Make Us Lots of Cookies

Well, I got transferred again. I'm in the same zone though. I moved down to San Benito. It is a 10 minute drive from my old area. I'm now with Mr. Elder Thompson. We whitewashed the area (both me and my companion are new). We have no idea what is going on but I think we are figuring it out.

Elder Pope had this one of me and my comp, right when we got dropped off at our apartment, first day together. It's really weird because Elder Thompson is actually taller than me.

The apartment used to be a 4-man (2 companionships) but as we moved in they closed the other area. The other area was the car area and the Elders that absorbed the area need the car, so we have no car in our apartment. Also because it was a 4-man, there are 2 bathrooms. We each have a bathroom. I like it.

It's funny, because the sisters in our district have 4 girls in one bathroom. And yes, our district is 6 people. 2 Elders and 4 Sisters. I love it. They make us lots of cookies. 

Our bike area is absolutely massive. First, we live 10 minutes outside of our area. Then, we have a good sized downtown area that is a very reasonable bike area. Then we have a huge outskirts area. One of our main neighborhoods is a 30 minute bike ride from our apartment. The bottom of our area (the U.S./Mexico border) is about an hour on the bikes. It's fun.

I haven't seen the bottom of our area yet, but I've traveled to the distant neighborhood everyday so far. I think today will be the first day off. 

Yesterday was the greatest. The first thing we did when we left was ride 40 minutes to go to an appointment with Sis. Garcia. When we got there her daughter told us that she wasn't there. We then made calls and found nothing else to do down there. We got to ride all the way back to the mains of our area before we sat down. :)

It's been great though. We have had plenty of time to practice fun ways to ride our bikes. I especially enjoy when the wind is blowing directly against us. Which is all the time. 

On the bright side the Sisters in the branch baptized! Fernanda Colmenero is now on the path to salvation!

Also, our members are great. They feed us plenty and some will feed us any time we show up. Especially the branch president. The only problem is he lives halfway down our area. I haven't been there yet.

For anything that involves getting to Harlingen, like P-day and Meetings, we get picked up by somebody from Harlingen. The rest we have to do on our own. We bike to district meetings and get rides to and from church. It's great. I really hope we get a car soon. 

Elder Larkin Moss



 The sisters are great. They decorated our bikes!​

No comments:

Post a Comment