Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Dizzy... But No Rabies!

Hello world! 🌎

I got my first dog bite this week. Nothing big. It doesn't have rabies so its all good.

We came up to the gate to knock a door and we entered when there was only a puppy in sight. After we got inside, however, an aggressive black lab came charging at us from behind the house. He got one good lunge at me before I could get behind the gate so he got my hand. Just a superficial wound; I was actually more worried about the shock that got me after a couple minutes. Just a little while after the bite I got dizzy, my hearing went fuzzy, and Elder said that I went pale. I sat down and it all calmed down. We went to Sister Alvarado's house and she cleaned it up really well for me. Nothing to worry about, I just have to work on getting my courage around dogs back up. 🐶

I went on an exchange with Elder Battleson (Zone Leader) on Saturday here in San Benito. We had a very full work load all day, just getting things done. We brought Jorge Saldivar, the oldest of the Young Men in the branch, with us for a few hours. He even got to meet the dog owner when we went back to double check that the dog has his shots. 'Twas a fun day, as always.

Those are the highlights for you! I guess one more thing, we went to the Branch President's house as a district to help with the branch garden. We went Friday night just a few hours after the dog bite, so I got to use a shovel with 1.5 hands. In the end I guess I've grown an appreciation for having my dominant hand in good shape. 

That's all folks! Bye!

Elder Larkin Moss


We kind of fought the system here. Bikes on a no bike sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment