Monday, December 28, 2015

The Importance of the Atonement

Well, Christmas happened. I got some cards to play with. I made a Pyramid thing. 

I'm basically a card stacking champion now.😎


We found a sword, so we took a picture of it.  


And then we saw this sign that was not being followed. 


It has also been so hot that this pond dried up.


But enough about pictures, let's talk news. On Friday, the 18th, some Senior Missionaries moved in here in San Benito. The Clark's moved in during our weekly planning, so we may have gotten a little less planning done, but I had fun!

On Tuesday, we had our Christmas conference. Everyone in the mission met in McAllen for an awesome Christmas meeting. We had a cool slideshow of the whole year, and a couple cool music presentations and a lot of "dying" testimonies (missionaries going home). A lot of them talked about the importance of the Atonement, so it is obviously important. 

Always remember that you need the Atonement. Even if you are doing well, we still need Him. On Sunday, in the third hour of church, we talked about What Lack I Yet? by Larry R. Lawrence. Always be changing, and always be trusting God. 

I also had a cool prayer experience yesterday. If you don't know, as missionaries we set and track goals of "members present", meaning lessons taught with a member present. You can read Alma 10:10-12 for an idea of why a member testimony is important. Yesterday, we needed 3 more to hit our weekly goal of 8. If you do the math, 3 is a lot more than 8/7ths, so it would be difficult for 3 in one day. We had the Perez's commit to work with us for a couple hours (they are boss 😁) so I said a simple prayer saying we have the members, provide us with the lessons. And by the end of the night, we had hit our goals. Yay! 😇

So that is the latest of Elder Moss, bye!



No comments:

Post a Comment