Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year!



It has actually been cold this last weekend. The thermometer didn't get below 45° F, but with the humidity it cuts right through coats. I was double layered up to my neck and still trying to keep from getting frostbite. Okay, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it was cold, especially on the rainy days.

For New Years Eve we watched Polar Express. It was nice. 😉

How about I share one miracle we saw this week. Yesterday, a lot of plans fell through. We basically didn't do anything we planned. That's always a sign that God has something else in mind. We went to a house in our area, where the lady had told us to come back "some other day", to see if they had any interest. This time a man was outside and he was  working on a car engine; as it turns out he is a mechanic. We began to get to know him and he began to reveal that he has gone to our church in the past (in some other city), he knows some members somewhere, and he had been taught by the missionaries before. As we talked about Joseph Smith he basically told us that he already believes it and wants to be baptized as soon as he comes to church and finishes learning. He says he would have been coming if he had known where the church was.

Part 2, he then explained to us that as he was working on that car, he had the thought, "Darn, it probably is not working because I haven't been to church in awhile... okay, if it starts up, I will go back to church." And right after it started working, we showed up. 😎

I know God has a plan. I also know that I am part of that plan and when things don't go your way, then God's way is trying to intervene. 

Here's a nice thought from the Mormon Channel:
​"A Goal without a Plan is just a Wish."

Have fun everybody, sorry for no pictures...

Elder Larkin Moss


No comments:

Post a Comment