Monday, May 2, 2016

God Knows Us

It's already May! Happy May Day (yesterday) everybody! Tomorrow is my 17 month mark. I cannot even believe it. I have been away from home for a year and 5 months already.



As you can see in the picture, I got to go on swings! That is not my companion, actually. That is Elder Moser; we were on an exchange for a little bit. A couple times this week, we did some zone blitzes. That's where the whole zone goes to work in one area. We did little exchanges at the same time just for fun. So it was 2 hours with a different comp in a different area. They were pretty fun.

For the first blitz, I was with Elder Prieto. A crazy thing that happened. We were looking at our plans at one point, just standing on the sidewalk. The next door driveway (about 20 ft away) had a minivan parked in it. Suddenly we heard a crash and when we looked up we saw broken glass falling to the ground. 


We looked to the next house (2 doors down) and made eye contact with a guy using a weedwacker. We all just kind of walked away after that.

​During the second blitz, with Elder Moser, we went on the swings in a super nice apartment complex (see pic below). 



We also had a crazy experience. In deciding which doors to knock, I asked,"What is your favorite number, Elder Moser?" and he replied 4, so we went to building 4. Then we went to all the apartments that ended in 4 as well, such as 4204. (Building 4, 2nd floor, 4th apt) When the lady opened the door, she looked at me and said,"I think I've seen you before. In San Benito?" After reminding me of her and her husband's names, I realized that they are my former investigators. They moved halfway through my time in​ San Benito and 6 months later, I knocked their door. This could very well be the craziest thing that will ever happen in my mission. Not only did I happen to get the right apartment out of all 400 or more in that complex, I was only working in that area for 2 hours, and those 2 hours just happened to be at those apartments. 

​God knows us and places us exactly where we need to be and in the exact situation that we need. I testify that God has a hand in all of our lives. 

Elder Larkin Moss




No comments:

Post a Comment