Hey, I don't have tons of time today. I'm heading down to McAllen pretty soon. We are having another 3 day training! I have to be brief, but I will write as much as I can. 
The work in our area has been going super well. Our most promising peeps are Irma Esqueda, Rosa, Evelyn, and Max. Irma came to District Conference yesterday, Rosa came the week before with David Banda, Evelyn came to the Mother's Day party on Friday, and Max committed to the WoW [Word of Wisdom] like nothing last night.
As for silly things I found this week, above is a photo of a sign prohibiting cell phones while driving. But only on a limited schedule. I'm super glad I can text while driving on Saturdays. I also saw a shaved husky (below). He is not very intimidating these days.
I gotta say, things are going pretty well right now. It is actually cloudy today so it is not blazing hot. Everybody is having fun and it is just good. On Saturday, our area was blitzed, meaning the whole zone worked in our area for 2 hours. It was quite fun. I was with Elder Stewart on bikes and we actually got pulled over. We knocked some doors near the river, so then we stopped and checked out the rio (Rio Grande River) for a minute and on the way back up a cop stopped us. He asked if we were knocking doors in the area, so we said yes. He then told us that a scared 17 year old that was home alone had called the cops. The cop assured us that we were not breaking any laws and that his job required him to stop us. Not one of the most exciting calls. Either way, we got the cop's address and phone number so we might teach him!
I hope all is well at home! Love you all!
Elder Larkin Moss
No comments:
Post a Comment