I am officially a father! It's a boy!
My new companion is Elder Harker. He has now been in the field for 6 days! And guess what? He is from Roseburg, Oregon! Oregonians for life! Just on that note, our new Zone Leader, Elder Browning is from Vancouver Washington. It's a party. Anyways, being a trainer is great! So far it has been easier than I expected, but that is just because I got lucky. Elder Harker went out with the missionaries a lot before the mission, so he knows pretty well what he is doing. We are having a lot of fun so far!
We had a multi-stake (regional) conference yesterday; it was for Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and probably a couple others. We heard from Lynn G. Robbins, Linda S. Reeves, Lawrence Corbridge, and then Dallin H. Oaks. They all gave fantastic talks. I learned a lot. I liked Elder Robbins' talk the most. He talked about simplifying. We have so much technology and gadgets that lead to so many distractions. Basically, we live in one of the most complicated eras. He advised us to simplify our lives: we may want to have less work to have more time with family, or spend less time on social media, etc. In general, don't let good things get in the way of the best things. FYI the best thing is family.
Our zone actually changed a whole lot this transfer, every single companionship changed. At least one of every companionship changed plus two whitewashed (both companions transferred). That all means that 12 out of 20 missionaries here in Harlingen Zone changed. It will take some time to get used to it but I'm enjoying it so far. 
That's about it folks, 'til next time!
Elder Larkin Moss
No comments:
Post a Comment