Monday, October 17, 2016

#biggestmiracleever




Sandy was baptized! 😇

The story of teaching Sandy is definitely one of the craziest, most delightful stories of my mission. Sandy is my former investigator. I taught her over a year ago. I still remember it. 

Back in San Benito, Elder Thompson and I were whitewashing (we were both new to the area), so we looked through the records and found a guy that we wanted to try by that lived all the way down by the border. We made the trip all the way there and tried the house. Instead of a man answering the door, a young lady wearing scrubs appeared. We introduced ourselves as the missionaries and she introduced herself as Sandy. We taught her 3 or 4 times before we simply lost contact. We just couldn't find her at home. We just kind of put her in the back of our minds and forgot about her and thought nothing of it.

Then to my surprise, one year later, at my birthday party of all places, as I was innocently leaving the chapel I heard a rogue "Hey!" followed by "You taught me in San Benito before, right?" At that point I became completely confused, especially because I recognized her face but could not remember from where, until she reminded me of her name. Then it all became clear. 

Our visit there was cut super short because we had another appointment to get to. But when we went to YSA [Young Single Adults] that Sunday, there she was. It was actually her 3rd time at church already. Her best friend had been inviting her to come. And considering that her first week at church was also the first week without missionaries in the YSA branch, she was just waiting for us to teach her. Three weeks later and here we are!

This just shows that the mission isn't over until it's over. I've got 30 days left and I'm going strong.

Until next week.

Elder Larkin Moss



No comments:

Post a Comment