3 weeks left. Dang. I'm halfway done with my last transfer.
Not to worry. We had interviews with President this last week and I asked him how I can keep focused and not think about home. He gave me some good advice; he said that counting days it seems like there is not a lot left, but by number of hours, especially by number of minutes, it looks like a lot more. I won't be able to do everything I want in 3 weeks, but every hour or minute I can just focus on blessing one person's life. I may not baptize any more by the end, but I can still bless people.
This week I was able to bless many people, but there was one moment in particular that I knew I was a blessing. One of our members that we have been bringing back to church is a blind man. So this last Sacrament Meeting I sat next to him and helped him partake of the Sacrament. The spirit right there told me that I was helping him more than I could imagine. We will see who I bless this next week.
And on that topic, just because I am focusing on blessing people I am not any less focused on my other work. We had 3 investigator households at church this last week. Pedro is the friend of a member and she brought him. Brother De La Cruz is coming back to church and he also brought his friend Jesus. And then there is Cecilia Rodriguez and her son. We randomly knocked her door about 10 days ago and this last Tuesday we brought Sis Loperena to a lesson and they are becoming good friends so she came to church. With all of them we have set the goal to be baptized on Nov 13. We will find out which of them are actually ready by then, but I am planning on baptizing my last Sunday.
And that's it!
Elder Larkin Moss
No comments:
Post a Comment