Monday, August 10, 2015

Chasing Cows in the Thick Thorny Forest

I don't know why I hadn't mentioned it before, but Elder Thompson's father (technically step-father), Eric Dowdle, is an artist. Meaning he paints. Most of his work is sold as puzzles, but he does plenty of other artwork as well. Currently he is airing his own TV show, "Painting the Town with Eric Dowdle." Basically my companion's dad is famous, more or less.

Today is the last day of my 5th transfer. Tomorrow is Transfer 6! We still don't know who is going where, so I will let you know next week.

On Saturday, we were able to do some service for the branch president, President Lerma. I was actually on an Exchange with Elder Ward as well. We went to President's ranch to help out with some clean up. Mostly our job was to stack branches. They had an overgrown section of trees, so they got chopped up and we piled it up​. Halfway through however, the cows found a way past the gate in the back and we had to go chase them and lead them back. We spent about 30 minutes on the chase. We had to corner them in a thick thorny forest. I got stabbed a couple times, and I ran into a couple spider webs. Other than that I had a lot of fun!

That's about it for this week. See y'all in seven days!

Elder Larkin Moss



Got my gardener's hat!


 Elder Ward with a chicken


Cows in the forest



No comments:

Post a Comment