Today is my 8 month mark! That's 1/3 of my mission complete. Wow.
This week we did some more zone blitzes! We did it district by district, so each of the three days (Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday) we had the 9 companionships divided among 2 or 3 areas. We had a lot of success, I think.
Also, I don't think I've mentioned it before but one of the super great and unique things about the Texas McAllen Mission (The Valley specifically) is the amount of ties. There are 'bodegas' and 'pulgas' (Thrift stores and flea markets) all over that are full of random clothes and ties that have circulated all the way through their life: Name Brand Store, Retail, Secondhand Stores, etc. They all end up down here in the valley ready for missionaries to snag 'em. Missionaries go tie digging
, which is sorting through all the ties to find the good ones. I did my first dig today! Here in San Benito, there is a member who manages a bodega so when he gets a bunch of ties we can go look through them. It was fun! And I got a lot of cool ties. 
That was the most exciting thing this week. Tune in next time: 8/10/15!
Check out this article from the July 2015 Ensign:
Ties! Ties! Ties!
No comments:
Post a Comment