Monday, July 18, 2016

Why Are You Here?

I'm back in Harlingen! I was only here for over 8 months before! I am now in Treasure Hills Branch. This is my 3rd area, 3rd district, and 3rd ward/branch that I have been in here. Only my 2nd apartment though. I lived in the same apartment last May!

Saturday and Sunday were some of my favorite days ever. On Saturday I visited San Benito! Elder Castillo was in my area just before I got here and I was in San Benito forever, so the two of us switched for the day to show each other where to go. I spent a lot of the time showing Elder Hodgson (E. Castillo's comp) to different people I had visited. At the end of the night I got to visit some old friends! I saw the Perez family, I used to visit them every Saturday. They were super happy to see me. 

I also got to see a lady named Patty. I was never her missionary but the other Elders would do laundry at her house and I would see her during exchanges. She answered the door and looked at me with the most confused face and just asked "why are you here?" she repeated the question a couple of times and she also insisted that my face looked different. We decided that it was just my tan, I got a lot of sun in Laredo.

On Sunday I got to see the Daniels and Bro Peavler. Most exciting of all was seeing Sis Cartagena​ (the g makes an H sound). I was also never her missionary but I visited her on exchanges a lot. She moved to El Paso around the time that I left from here. But she is visiting for 3 weeks and I caught her on the 3rd week. She leaves on Tuesday but invited us to brunch before she goes. She is awesome!

Elder Weight is my new companion and he is from Hillsboro. Therefore we had to take a selfie with the sign. We have Washington Square in our area. 





A couple funny photos:


Nothing too abnormal about this pizza, but that is how it arrived [missing a piece]. Brother Ford is a 60+  year old man in our area and he offered to bring us pizza, but when we opened it up we found it like that. We laughed pretty hard. 


The other Elders left us some Kraft cheese slices when we moved in and I noticed something odd. It is kind of concerning that they have to make it clear to the world that they use milk in their "cheese."


​That's it.

Elder Larkin Moss



No comments:

Post a Comment